Once you have subscribed to The Washington Post through an app store such as the Amazon App store, Google Play, or iTunes you will be prompted to create a profile with The Washington Post which will allow you unlimited access to the website, in addition to the app you purchased through. If you do not link your in-app purchased subscription you will not receive full access to the website and mobile website.
If you missed this step when you purchased, please follow the directions below:
Kindle Fire Tablet:
- Open the app you purchased your subscription from (The Washington Post app with the blue icon or the Washington Post Classic App with the black icon)
- Go to Settings
- Select Log In or Create Account. Follow the instructions to create a profile with the Washington Post
- Open the app you purchased your subscription from (The Washington Post app with the blue icon, The Washington Post Print Edition App with white icon, or the Washington Post Classic App with the black icon)
- Go to Settings
- If you do not see your subscription details reflected there, tap Restore Subscription
- If you do see your subscription details in Settings, select Log In.
*If you have gone through these steps and are still having trouble linking your app store purchased subscription to your sign in credentials, please contact us with your Customer Support ID. To get your Customer Support ID > navigate to the Washington Post app's settings page > tap "Customer Support ID" and then copy this ID into our Contact Form
Google News for Android:
- Open your mobile web browser and navigate to washingtonpost.com
- Once on the website you should see a pop-up notification that says, “We found your subscription” let’s create your account”
- Tap “Continue” to link your subscription and continue reading
If you are unable to access your subscription, please contact us here Contact Form